Strength Training and Conditioning Resources
All the information you need to succeed already exists, the problem is you haven’t exposed yourself to it.” – Jim Rohn,
The following list represents a collection of organizations, journals, equipment catalogs, forums, and general resources that will benefit any Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist as well as those preparing for the CSCS exam.
- National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA) – supports and disseminates research based knowledge to improve athletic performance and fitness.
- The Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research – The editorial mission of The Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research (JSCR) is to advance the knowledge about strength and conditioning through research. A unique aspect of this journal is that it includes recommendations for the practical use of research findings.
- Strength and Conditioning Journal – is the professional journal for strength coaches, personal trainers, physical therapists, athletic trainers, and other health professionals working in the strength and conditioning field. The journal’s mission is to publish articles that report both the practical applications of research findings and the knowledge gained by experienced professionals.
- Human Kinetics – a publisher of numerous sports and recreation resources including books and videos.
- Lippincott Williams & Wilkins – offers a rich library of books, journals, and multimedia within the Exercise Science discipline
- American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) – promotes fitness, health and quality of life through research, education and practical applications of sports medicine.
- National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM) – addressing fitness, sports performance, and sports medicine. Live, online, and home-study courses.
- College Strength and Conditioning Coaches Association (CSCCa) – a non-profit, professional, educational organization for strength and conditioning coaches of collegiate and professional-level athletic teams.
- Perform Better – functional training, rehabilitation (rehab) and sports performance equipment and training info covering balance and stabilization, plyometrics, speed and agility
- Power Systems – provider of exercise, sports performance and fitness training equipment for coaches, athletes and fitness experts since 1986.
- IronMind – tools of the trade for serious strength athletes. grip strength, strongman, oympic weightlifting, highland games.
- Testosterone Nation | Forums – thousands of bodybuilding, nutrition and training articles. Cutting edge supplements with bodybuilding forums and communities of bodybuilding experts
- Bodybuilding.com Forums – the largest selection of Bodybuilding Articles, Exercises, Workouts, Supplements, & Community to help you reach your fitness goals.
- Starting Strength – Mark Rippetoe – forums
- NSCA CSCS & CPT Online Study Group – NSCA National Strength and Conditioning Association Study Group in which group members help each other and discuss fitness and health.