Apply Basic Knowledge of Nutritional Factors Affecting Health and Performance
The Pop Quiz below contains 3 questions from the following knowledge area of the CSCS exam. Failure to correctly answer questions may suggest an area that needs further review.
A. Apply Basic Knowledge of Nutritional Factors Affecting Health and Performance
- Health-related and performance-related application of nutrition concepts (e.g., food groups, food exchanges, “MyPlate”, glycemic index)
- Nutritional needs of various athletes for carbohydrates, protein, fat, vitamins, and minerals
- Health risk factors associated with dietary choices (e.g., a high intake of cholesterol, triglycerides, and/or saturated fat, low intake of calcium and iron)
- Effects of hydration status and electrolyte balance/imbalance on health and performance
- Caloric vs. nutrient dense foods
When answering the questions, please choose the “Best” answer.